Following a fire in a bulk storage warehouse at the Port of Santos, in the state of São Paulo, EBP Brasil (formerly Geoklock) was retained to:
- Conduct campaigns to monitor the quality of the estuary water, including the aquatic biota;
- Define emergency actions to minimize the consequences of the damage to the quality of the estuary water due to the release of firefighting water;
- Propose programs for the recovery of the surface water quality.
The project also identified the following issues for the local soil:
- Affected areas;
- Potential primary sources of soil and groundwater impact;
- Materials generated in the accident;
- Other potential sources of impact.
Having gathered all data, EBP Brasil (formerly Geoklock) proposed an environmental recovery plan, considering all short- and medium-term emergency actions required, such as:
- The containment of active sources of contamination;
- The detailed investigation of environmental impacts;
- The survey of underground plants;
- Other underground structures;
- Studies to monitor the physical medium and the biota on land and in the estuary.